Economy in brief: Adaro Energy to reach deal on 2 power plants

Major coal miner Adaro Energy is set to conclude deals for two power plant projects this year worth around US$4.55 billion in total.

Adaro Energy legal director Syah Indra Aman said Tuesday that his company would source syndicated loans to finance a 2×100 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant project in South Kalimantan.

Syah said that the project might require $550 million in investment, 75 percent of which would be funded using project financing while the remainder would be funded through equity. The company owns a 65 percent stake in the project while Korean-based energy firm Korea EWP owns the other 35 percent.

read more

Posted November 13, 2015 by repit in News

%d bloggers like this: