Let There Be Light: Inadequate Power Grid Holds Nation Back

Indonesia has been independent for almost seven decades, but equal development across the country still seems to be a pipe dream. Java consistently accounts for around 55 percent of Indonesia’s economic pie, leaving the remaining 45 percent for the rest of this massive archipelago.

Some of the regions outside Java nowadays perform well, with economic growth above 7 percent — higher than that of the nation as a whole. But overall, the foundations for growth outside Java are weak at best. Regional economies lean too much on trade, often without being supported by a solid manufacturing industry. As a result, money made in the regions quickly flows back to the centers of industry in Java.

read more


Posted November 3, 2014 by repit in News

%d bloggers like this: